Thursday, April 22, 2021

I Can See Clearly Now.

Old photo.

I have enjoyed today. I got up early and collected my new glasses from the opticians at 10.00. I better look after them because they cost £320. I haven’t had a lot of luck with glasses in the last few years. My previous pair fell off my face onto the floor when I fell asleep in my chair and I trod on them when I woke up. The pair before that I left on a bus and they were never returned. Because of
lock-down I have been using a pair of rubbishy plastic things that cost £1.50, so it is good to see clearly now. On my way home I bought some lobelias from Andrea’s flower shop. Also, I called in Davis’s shop and bought a couple of hanging basket liners and more compost.

My Camellia.

I spent the afternoon gardening. I made up two more hanging baskets. I now have a grand total of six. Five with flowers in and one with strawberries. I’ll take some photos of them in a few weeks’ time when they will look amazing. I also planted some lilies, geraniums, and a few bedding plants. I must remember to get some ericaceous compost for my camellia. I also gave my pond it’s annual clean which involved scooping out about three inches of gunge from the bottom of the pond. I have some sad news I’m afraid. One of my shubunkins passed away a few days ago. It was the one that I called Smithy. It wasn’t a surprise; he had been behaving quite sluggishly for quite a while. I think he was about eight years old, so he had quite a good innings. The other three seem quite happy in their nice newly cleaned pooliverse. After that I went round to Curly’s corner for a well deserved two pints of cider, and that was that. See you later.

The Pooliverse.

No comments:

Popular Posts