Saturday, January 20, 2018

Pink Moon

It was a cold rainy Saturday morning today and I was sitting in the kitchen and staring out the window watching a robin on my bird table when there was a knock on my door. It was the postman with a package for me. It contained a book called Pink Moon, A Story About Nick Drake by Gorm Henrik Rasmussen. I was really pleased because I only ordered it yesterday. It was recommended to me by a friend after he had read my mention of another Nick Drake book in my blog on Tuesday.
After only reading fifty pages this afternoon I can see he is absolutely right. Pink Moon was the first book written about Nick Drake in 1980 although it didn’t get a publisher until 1986. That was because of the lack of interest in him in those days. The legend hadn’t begun to grow. Even then, the book was only published in Denmark. It wasn’t until 2007 that the author was approached by Bent Sorenson who offered to translate it into English because he thought it was the best book about Nick that had been written.


The author decided to rewrite the book and he revealed lots more personal material. What makes this book so interesting is that Gorm Henrik Rasmusson actually met Nick’s parents Molly & Rodney. Firstly in 1979 and kept in touch with them for eight years afterwards. Therefore, you can trust that the information in this book is real and truthful. If you are a Nick Drake fan and want to learn more, then this is the book for you.

2 comments:

Bent said...

I'm very glad you're enjoying it - I'll tell Gorm!

Pat said...

Cheers Bent. It really is a most enjoyable book.

Pat.

Popular Posts