Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Stars Look Very Different Today

A nice sunny day today. I sold my Ronnie O’Sullivan book. That was quick, I only put it on sale yesterday. I obviously sold it too cheaply. Not to worry because I still made £15.00 on it. It was somebody in Moscow who bought it. I didn’t know that they were into snooker in Russia. Anyway, I walked to the post office and it was quite a pleasant walk in the January sunshine. When I got there the man said he couldn’t serve me because his printer had broken. This is the second time this has happened. I don’t blame him. I blame the postal service. Why can’t they give him a spare printer? I persuaded him to send it with ordinary stamps on it. He couldn’t print me off a proof of postage receipt though, so I hope it gets to Moscow with no trouble. The situation with the post office in this town is really annoying.

Apart from that the rest of the day was quite uneventful. Listening to the Marc Riley Show on Radio 6 this evening it was mentioned that David Bowie died two years ago today. It is frightening how fast two years can go by. I wish time would slow down a bit. This is from Wikipedia.-

On 10 January 2016, English singer, songwriter and actor David Bowie died at his New York City apartment, having suffered from liver cancer for the previous 18 months. His death occurred two days after the release of his twenty-fifth studio album Blackstar, which coincided with his 69th birthday. Fans and friends alike were surprised by the news as Bowie had kept his illness private. Makeshift memorials were created in London, New York City, Berlin, and other cities in which Bowie had lived; sales of his albums and singles saw a significant increase. Many commentators noted Bowie's impact on music, fashion and culture and wrote of his status as one of the most influential musical artists of all time, while numerous musicians and public figures also expressed their grief.

No comments:

Popular Posts