Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Waiting Game.


Sunday morning: I have just been listening to The Healing Game album by Van Morrison. It came out in 1997 and I don’t think Van has made a better album in the 22 years since then. There is a new 3cd version coming out soon with previously unreleased material on it which I’m looking forward to. This morning when it got to track 4 The Waiting Game the words of the song suddenly made me sit up and pay attention.

 There must be reason for all this inaction, does it mean that everything must change? Sometimes I'm looking for perfection,
When I'm waiting on the waiting game
I am the observer who is observing
I am the brother of the snake
I am the serpent filled with venom
A god of love and a god of hate, 
There is a presence deep within you, Sometimes they call it higher flame,
When the leaves come tumbling down, remember,
I'll be waiting on the waiting game.

It was the line ‘I am the observer who is observing’ in particular that made me take notice because it seemed like synchronicity. I have been reading a page of my Krishnamurti book every morning and trying to understand it. Today’s topic for March 10th was ‘observing’. I scanned a little bit of it, I hope you can read it. We know that Van has been influenced by Krishnamurti , so I wonder if he got that line from him. It doesn’t matter where he got it from though because The Healing Game is a great album and Krishnamurti was a great person. It all makes for a very inspiring Sunday morning.

Van visiting the Krishnamurti centre in California.





No comments:

Popular Posts