Sunday, January 19, 2020

A Quiet Sunday.


I was having a quick look through my Jimmy Webb book today and found out something quite interesting. You know how in the lyrics of McArthur Park where it says, ‘Someone left the cake out in the rain’, well, apparently that comes from a quote by the poet W.H. Auden when he was describing his own face. He said it looked like a wedding cake that had been left out in the rain. I thought it was quite interesting anyway.

It was sunny today, but cold. I ventured out into the garden and found my viburnum next to the shed had some white flowers on it which was encouraging. I thought I ought to go for a walk and set off in the direction of the White Horse, but I didn’t get very far. I didn’t fancy the walk uphill. In the end I just went to the supermarket and came home again. I read the first 40 pages of my Krishnamurti book. Van Morrison said that he saw K once in San Francisco. I looked that up and discovered that it was probably in March 1973 when K spoke at the Masonic Hall.

This evening I watched another episode of the Christine Keeler story and the snooker final and that was my Sunday. I’ll try and have a more interesting day tomorrow.

No comments:

Popular Posts