Sunday, January 05, 2020

Just Like Greta.


Greta.
I’m having a lazy Sunday afternoon. Listening to La Question by Francoise Hardy at the moment. I have played quite a few albums today while pottering around. Welcome To Woody Creek by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Circuital by My Morning Jacket, Cowgirl’s Prayer by Emmylou Harris and The Lion's Roar by First Aid Kit. I think it’s important to add some music to your day because music has healing qualities. It puts you in a good mood which is beneficial to mind, spirit and body. I put another book in my shop earlier, Transatlantic Review 52. It contains an anthology of American Poetry by the likes of Charles Bukowski, Allen Ginsberg, Laurence Ferlinghetti, Gary Snyder, Lou Reed and many more. I thought it might be of interest to fans of the Beat Generation writers. That brings books in my shop to a grand total of 113 books so far. Hopefully by the end of the year my stock will be up to about 250 books. It doesn’t really matter because it’s only a hobby.
Patti.

I ventured down the garden earlier to commune with my fishes in their little pooliverse. They seem quite happy and were probably grateful when I picked some dead leaves out of the pond. Although the sky is grey and miserable it is unusually warm for this time of the year. It is supposed to be wintertime. I wish the seasons would get back to normal. Talking of climate change, I see it was Greta Thunberg’s 17th birthday recently. Patti Smith wrote a poem for her to celebrate the day. I'm looking forward to seeing Patti in May when she plays in Bath. It would be great if Greta was invited to Glastonbury this year and addressed the crowd. That would have a worldwide impact. We shall see.



No comments:

Popular Posts