Friday, January 22, 2021

Winterwatch.


Due to staying up until 4.30 last night I got up late today. It was a shame because it was a nice sunny day, although cold. I didn’t get underway until the afternoon, but I was determined to achieve something. Last October I had a new toilet put in the bathroom. The old one had been in my yard ever since because I didn’t know how to dispose of it. I did toy with the idea of dragging it up the garden and turning it into a plant pot, but decided that would be really silly, so this afternoon I bashed it up into little bits with a sledgehammer and put it in the wheelie bin. That was quite good fun and warmed me up. Then, although it wasn’t really warm enough, I spent an hour painting my wall because It was nice to be outside. I hope the paint stays on the wall this time. 


While I was doing that I listened to Steve Earle, Townes Van Zandt & Guy Clark At The Bluebird Café which is an excellent album. Another little job was taking the top off the bird box and cleaning it out. It would be marvelous if a pair of feathered friends moved into it. When it got too chilly, I came indoors. I did my Tai Chi and some other exercises called Qigong.

The News on the BBC was grim because they think the new variant might be more deadly than in the first wave. We will pass 100,000 deaths in Britain soon which is shocking. The USA figure of 400,000 deaths is terrible, but ours is even worse because we have only a sixth of the population of the USA. The only good news is that the number of positive tests is coming down, so hopefully fatalities will start to fall in number soon.


I listened to Iggy Pop’s radio show while making dinner. He is a great DJ who plays music I would never hear elsewhere and has a perfect voice for radio. Later I watched Winter Watch on BBC2. The presenter Chris Packham is brilliant. I think he will be the natural successor to David Attenborough. That’s enough blather for today. It’s Saturday tomorrow, lots of football and the weather forecast is quite good. See you tomorrow.



No comments:

Popular Posts