Sunday afternoon and all is well. My team Peterborough United (The Posh) secured promotion from Division 1 up to The Championship yesterday. Posh only needed to draw the game against close rivals Lincoln City to get the point they needed for automatic promotion. They did it the hard way though. They were losing 3-0, I was in despair, thinking they had blown their chance. Then late in the game Posh began the fight back. They scored twice to make it 3-2 and in the sixth minute of injury time were awarded a penalty. Jonson Clarke-Harris who is Division 1 player of the season stepped up with nerves of steel to bury the ball in the back of the net and make the final score 3-3. Because of covid there were no fans allowed in the stadium, but there were wild scenes of jubilation outside in the carpark where hundreds of Posh fans had gathered. Fireworks and rockets went off to celebrate one of the greatest days in the history of Peterborough United.
Sunday, May 02, 2021
Up The Posh!
Sunday afternoon and all is well. My team Peterborough United (The Posh) secured promotion from Division 1 up to The Championship yesterday. Posh only needed to draw the game against close rivals Lincoln City to get the point they needed for automatic promotion. They did it the hard way though. They were losing 3-0, I was in despair, thinking they had blown their chance. Then late in the game Posh began the fight back. They scored twice to make it 3-2 and in the sixth minute of injury time were awarded a penalty. Jonson Clarke-Harris who is Division 1 player of the season stepped up with nerves of steel to bury the ball in the back of the net and make the final score 3-3. Because of covid there were no fans allowed in the stadium, but there were wild scenes of jubilation outside in the carpark where hundreds of Posh fans had gathered. Fireworks and rockets went off to celebrate one of the greatest days in the history of Peterborough United.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
It is now Thursday afternoon, and I’m Remembering Now the events of the past two nights in the beautiful city of Bath with Van Morrison , h...
-
The small and picturesque Wiltshire town of Bradford On Avon came alive on Sunday night with a visit from a music legend, namely Richard Tho...
-
At the moment I am listening to an album called Jackie by Jackie DeShannon. It is a really nice album. I only bought it because of the Van...
-
Friday: It was with a feeling of trepidation that I set off on Friday afternoon for my local record shop in Warminster. I had read some scat...
-
It was in the hot summer of 1976 that I first heard the music of Patti Smith. I had moved back to Peterborough briefly and got a job in a ...
-
A friend phones me up occasionally and we have chats about music. One evening I mentioned to him about Annie Briggs and Vashti Bunyan and...
-
eden ahbez & Brian Wilson. Hello, it’s Sunday morning and the sun is shining again. I’m going to do some seed planting and garden ti...
-
Two weeks ago I was privileged to see Richard Thompson play in Bradford On Avon, and last night an equally picturesque small Wiltshire town...
-
My job before I gave up on work was working in a book warehouse. The money was no good but one of the benefits was that I got to read...


No comments:
Post a Comment