Tuesday, January 02, 2024

A Brand New Start.


Happy New Year to anyone who reads this. The beginning of another year, full of good intentions. I am determined to put something on my blog page every day this year, even if it’s only a paragraph or a video. I wonder how long that will last for? I went to the pub on New Years Eve and then went home to watch
Jools Holland’s annual Hootenanny. I polished off the last of the wine in my house while watching it. There will be no more alcohol or pubs for me until February. I didn’t think the show was all that great. It was mainly older artists like Rod Stewart, Paul Jones, and P.P. Arnold. I did enjoy Joss Stone and The Mary Wallopers who I saw at Glastonbury back in the summer. The highlight of the show for me was a young Irish Blues guitarist and singer called Muireann Bradley. (See video below) She was like a breath of fresh air among all the older types. I was so impressed I ordered her CD, so look out for a review of that in the near future.

The skies were dark and rainy on New Years Day and I had a hangover, but one of my resolutions was to go for a walk every day whatever the weather, so I made the supreme effort, put on my raincoat and went out in the drizzle. I only got as far as Lidl and found it was closed because of the holiday. I wasn’t all that bothered because I wasn’t desperate for anything. I was only out for about twenty minutes, but the fresh air did me good. I’ll try and walk a bit further today even though the weather is still windy and rainy. I was pleased that my team Peterborough United beat Derby County 3-2 yesterday in a dramatic exciting game. Last night I listened to the Cerys Matthews Blues Show on BBC Radio 2. Her guests were the Van Morrison Alumni Band which feature former members of Van’s band such as Leo Green, Matt Holland and Alec Dankworth. I enjoyed it, especially The Healing Game and Into The Mystic/Caravan.


 After that I watched a film on BBC2 that I hadn’t seen before, In The Heat Of The Night with Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger. That was my New Year’s Day. I don’t know what the rest of today has in store, but I’ll tell you about it tomorrow. Cheers.

No comments:

Popular Posts