Tuesday, April 21, 2026
Remembering Sandy Denny.
Britain's greatest folk-rock singer Sandy Denny died on this day April 21st in 1978 aged only 31. Her daughter Georgia Rose Lucas has just made this wonderful film of Sandy's haunting and ethereal song about Mary Queen of Scots called Fotheringay. It originally appeared on Fairport Convention's 1968 album What We Did On Our Holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
It is now Thursday afternoon, and I’m Remembering Now the events of the past two nights in the beautiful city of Bath with Van Morrison , h...
-
The small and picturesque Wiltshire town of Bradford On Avon came alive on Sunday night with a visit from a music legend, namely Richard Tho...
-
At the moment I am listening to an album called Jackie by Jackie DeShannon. It is a really nice album. I only bought it because of the Van...
-
Friday: It was with a feeling of trepidation that I set off on Friday afternoon for my local record shop in Warminster. I had read some scat...
-
It was in the hot summer of 1976 that I first heard the music of Patti Smith. I had moved back to Peterborough briefly and got a job in a ...
-
A friend phones me up occasionally and we have chats about music. One evening I mentioned to him about Annie Briggs and Vashti Bunyan and...
-
eden ahbez & Brian Wilson. Hello, it’s Sunday morning and the sun is shining again. I’m going to do some seed planting and garden ti...
-
Two weeks ago I was privileged to see Richard Thompson play in Bradford On Avon, and last night an equally picturesque small Wiltshire town...
-
My job before I gave up on work was working in a book warehouse. The money was no good but one of the benefits was that I got to read...
No comments:
Post a Comment