Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Lakeside Mindfulness.


There was a brief break in the weather this morning, the sun showed its face for a while, so after I got the wheelie bin in, I thought I ought to get some exercise. I headed up the road towards the countryside. When I got as far as Lidl I realised I should have put my boots on. I was wearing light shoes which meant I could not go anywhere muddy. I decided to go up Coach Road towards the golf course. Just before you get to the club house there is a nice little fishing lake. I hoped there might be some wildlife or birds to photograph, but there was not, just a couple of black-headed geese who honked at me as I approached. It was nice and peaceful though, looking at the lake and being in the moment. People should go for a walk every day if they can. It is good for your mental health to get outdoors.


There is a memorial bench by the lake and a plinth remembering the late friends and organisers of the Village Pump Folk Festival which was held here for a few years before its demise. I knew some of them personally, and recognised the names of others, such as Jackie Leven, Vin Garbutt, Fred Wedlock and a few others. I sat there for about 30 minutes enjoying the view and remembering a few things from the old days. Then a few spots of rain interrupted my reverie and I thought I better make a move. It rained quite steadily as I marched briskly home, but It didn't do me any harm.


I don’t know when I’ll get out again, but my mind is turning to Spring. I might start potting a few seeds in the next few days which will give me something to do. I cannot think of anything else to say now. If something exciting happens this evening I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.




 

No comments:

Popular Posts