Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Paint, Plants & Posh.

 

Spring In The Air!

Considering that I did not set foot outside the front door yesterday, a lot seemed to happen. Firstly, although it was very windy, I thought I ought to make the effort to make some progress on painting that wall. I managed to do an hour’s work, but then the clouds grew dark and I stopped for fear of rain. I did not feel that I had achieved much, so I got some trays and little plastic cups from the world’s smallest shed and potted out some delphiniums, foxgloves, busy lizzies, and sunflowers. They are now happily germinating inside the kitchen window. While I was doing that I was listening to Jackie by Jackie DeShannon. What a wonderful soulful voice she has. I have shared a video of Jackie singing a Van Morrison song to this blog page.


Then there was a knock at the door and a man delivered a book from Amazon. A friend who reads my blog page saw that I mentioned The Road Less Travelled by M. Scott Peck. I said that I did not think I needed to read it, but she thought I should, and sent it to me which is extremely kind. There are two other books which I have started, but not finished, The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle and A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold. I am going to have to set some time aside every day for reading. Although we are in lockdown there seems to be an awful lot to do. Last night I heard the news that Lawrence Ferlinghetti had died. He was just short of reaching the age of 102. What a great man and what a great life. I also heard that Tiger Woods was involved in a serious car crash. He is one of the greatest sports people of all time, so I hope he makes a full recovery. The other big news was that my team Peterborough United won again last night. Their fifth victory in a row and are now sitting pretty on top of League One. It is looking good for Posh.


Today, I managed to do another hour of painting the wall. I stopped because there were a few spots of rain. As soon as I put the paint away and washed my brushes it stopped raining. I’m not starting again now. It has had its chance for today. I got a new CD in the post today which I have played once. I will tell you all about it tomorrow when I have had a few more listens.

No comments:

Popular Posts