Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Tuesday Night Ramblings.

First pint since last year.

The pubs reopened yesterday. You cannot sit indoors though, just outside. I thought I would go round there at 5.00. My pub is only about thirty yards away. I was disappointed to find our usual seats were taken by this gang who had been in there since it opened at 12.00 mid-day. The pub has converted the carpark into a beer garden, so I sat out there. It was quite pleasant to see a couple of friends for an hour. It was quite chilly though, so I did not stay any longer. Hopefully, it is a sign that things are getting better. I’m going for an eye test tomorrow. I broke my glasses over a year ago. I fell asleep in my chair one evening and my glasses fell off my head. When I woke up, I trod on them and they cannot be mended. Because of lock-down I have been using a cheap pair. I get headaches if I am reading or being on my computer for very long, so it will be good to get a decent pair of glasses.

Edington Priory.

I haven’t done a lot lately. I pottered about in my garden this afternoon and put in a few bulbs and bedding plants. I’ll be glad when it warms up a bit and I can sit out there. Last Saturday was a good day. I went to the nearby village of Edington to visit my niece Lee. There is a beautiful church there called Edington Priory. I might go and have a look inside it one of these days. They have a music festival there every year which features international choirs. When I got home, I watched the Grand National. I bet on a horse called Talk Is Cheap because that is the title of a Van Morrison song. It didn’t come anywhere of course. I was really pleased for Rachael Blackmore who became the first ever female jockey to win. Horse racing in this country will never be the same. There is absolutely no reason why female jockeys can’t perform as well as men. They just haven’t been given the opportunities to ride the best horses before, so well done Rachael. Also on Saturday, my team Peterborough United won 3-0. They just have to keep it going for a few more games and they will be promoted.

Rachael Blackmore.

No comments:

Popular Posts