| Deepak Chopra |
At 11.00 there was a guided meditation for thousands of people led by Deepak Chopra. In case you haven’t heard of him, he is an Indian / American best-selling author of books on alternative medicine, mindfulness, and healing. He was very influenced in his early days by meeting Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and discovering Transcendental Meditation. He became famous after appearing on television with Oprah Winfrey. It was a wonderful experience to take part in this event which gave a great feeling of peace, unity, and togetherness in the audience. I was so inspired that I resolved not to drink any more alcohol for at least three days until I had finished my shifts at work on Sunday. You don’t really need booze to have a good time, and also it could make you quite ill in the hot sun. I hope next year they might get Eckhart Tolle to lead a similar event, especially since Eckhart used to live in Glastonbury town before he moved to Canada and wrote The Power Of Now.
| Louise Stewart Daisy (Pure LSD) |
| Highwire. |
![]() |
| Human Peace Symbol. |
| Hodmadoddery. |
| Carhenge. |
After that I was getting hungry and tired, so wandered back to base. Thursday night is the traditional recycler’s party. I usually go to it because Michael Eavis always used to come along to thank everyone for their efforts. He hasn’t enjoyed the best of health recently, so I didn’t expect him to attend. Also, I wasn’t drinking and wanted an early night to make sure I was up for work in the morning. I was asleep before the sun had set over Avalon. I had now been on site for five days, and finally on Friday the music on the main stages would begin, and what an incredible day of music it would turn out to be.
To be continued…………….
| Avalon Sunset. |


No comments:
Post a Comment