Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Dig My Mood.


Good morning world, it’s a brand-new day. I am listening to Dig My Mood by Nick Lowe. It’s a great album. Nick is playing near here in a couple of months’ time. I must get a ticket for that.  It’s quite spring-like out there today, so I’m going to write a quick little blog, then go for a walk. I never wrote one yesterday because I got led astray. The day started well. There was a knock on my door and there was the post lady with a parcel. It was a nice hardback copy of The Remains Of The Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. I have been meaning to read it for ages. I saw it on eBay and put in a bid and got it for £2.99, so I was well pleased. That was a good start to the day.

I caught the bus over to Warminster and hit the shops. I went in The Lions Bookshop, RSPCA, Blue Cross, Dorothy House, British Heart Foundation, Barnardo’s, MS, Red Cross and Help The Aged. I found Catch A Fire, the biography of Bob Marley, The Confidential Clerk, first edition 1954 by T.S. Eliot, I found a nice hardback copy of Born To Run, the autobiography of Bruce Springsteen and finally a book signed by James Brown (No, not that James Brown!) This is another James Brown and it’s about football and called Above Head Height. I’ll put all those books in my bookshop this evening.
I was quite pleased with my little haul of books because some days I don’t find anything worth buying. 

Then I repaired to Wetherspoons to meet S. I wasn’t going to drink but I succumbed to temptation and bought a bottle of chardonnay. That was the first time this year that I have had any wine. It was good fun and the time flew by. After a couple of hours, I said cheerio and caught the bus home. I went to bed and had a nice nap. When I woke up, I watched Pointless and went to the pub and had two pints of cider, so it was quite a boozy day. I’m not going to have any today unless I get summoned to the pub. Anyway, have a nice day, I’ll try and think of something interesting to write about tomorrow.


No comments:

Popular Posts