Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thinkin' 'Bout Alicia Keys.


Thursday morning at 10.36 and all is well. The sun is streaming through my kitchen window and I’m listening to The Diary Of Alicia Keys. Who said I don’t like soul music? Ha!. This is the album I bought in a charity shop the other day. It  doesn’t look like it has been played before. It is a special limited edition and also contains a DVD but I haven’t played that yet. I first heard of Alicia Keys when Bob Dylan mentioned her in a song called Thunder On The Mountain (See Below)
I was thinkin' 'bout Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from crying
When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line
I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be
I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee.

I never gave her any more thought until the other day. Like all genius musicians she was incredibly precocious. This was her second album which came out in 2003 when she was only about 22 years of age. She is a classically trained pianist and you can hear that from the opening notes of the album. I think my favourite song after two listens is You Don’t Know My Name but the whole album is great. It is a providing a very nice soundtrack to this sunny February morning. I’m going to get dressed in a minute and get outside for some fresh air. I bought a box of bulbs yesterday in Morrison’s and it says on the box that you can plant them from February onwards. That is my plan for the day, to do some planting and tidy up my tiny little garden. Carpe Diem !



No comments:

Popular Posts