Tuesday, April 02, 2019

Memoirs Of A Beatnik.

I had to go to Bath again today, but the weather was a far cry from last Thursday. The temperature had dropped, one minute it would be sunny and the next minute it would be hailstones. After I had completed the business which brought me to Bath I went for a walk around town. The streets were quite deserted because of the weather. There were no buskers to stop and listen to. It wasn’t a complete waste of time though. In the Julian House shop in Walcot Street I found a nice copy of Memoirs Of A Beatnik by Diane Di Prima. I like anything ‘Beat’ but I hadn’t seen this book before. It is a novel written in 1969 but this edition was published in 2002. It is a fictionalised erotic account of her own life. I first became aware of Diane through her reading a couple of her poems at The Last Waltz concert with The Band. You can find a video below of that if you want.
Also, in the Dorothy House shop I found a signed hardback copy of Frazzled by Ruby Wax. It is in a mint condition, so I was well pleased with that. Both of those books will go in my shop in the next few days. After that I headed for the station because I couldn’t think of anything else to do. I started to read my Beatnik book on the way home. Diane certainly had an interesting life. I went for a couple of drinks and a game of pool this evening and that was the end of rainy Tuesday.


No comments:

Popular Posts