Sunday, July 04, 2021

Rainy Sunday.


Sunday evening: It has rained off and on all day. There is no need to water my garden this evening. I did venture down the garden earlier between showers. I am pleased to see that a couple of my lilies have opened despite being attacked by the red beetles. Some of my sunflowers are open as well and look nice against the wall. The blackfly isn’t as bad either. I think they have realised I am on their case and have scarpered! I have been enjoying reading most of the afternoon. It is a book that a friend sent me recently. I won’t tell you what it is yet because I intend writing a review in a few days’ time when I have finished it.


Last night I watched the football between England and Ukraine. I didn’t like the headline on the BBC news though, ENGLAND THRASH UKRAINE. That sounds a bit jingoistic to me. Why couldn’t they just say ‘England win against Ukraine. Thrash means beat a person or animal repeatedly and violently with a stick or whip. They didn’t literally do that. At the end of the day, it is just a game of football. Ukraine did well to get this far in view of the problems which their country faces at the moment. Having said that, I am pleased for the England team. I think they will find Denmark a bit tougher, and if they win, Spain or Italy will be formidable opponents in the final. England have the advantage though of playing at Wembley.


I haven’t watched much of Wimbledon this year, but there is a British teenager called Emma Raducanu in the last 16, so I must try and watch her game tomorrow. It should be sunny tomorrow when the rain abates. I can’t think of anything else to say now. See you later.



No comments:

Popular Posts