Sunday, February 07, 2021

The Eternal Kansas City


Sunday evening: I cannot think of anything to write about today because I have not done anything. I thought of going for a walk, but when I went in my tiny garden to feed the birds it was freezing cold and also windy, so that knocked that idea on the head. My team Peterborough United won 2-0 yesterday. I decided to celebrate and went to Tesco and bought some cider. I drank all four cans last night and fell asleep in the chair and woke up at 4.00 in the morning. I think that is why I did not feel very motivated today. I went back to bed this afternoon for a couple of hours because it is nice and warm up there. When I got up again, I watched a documentary about Johnny Cash which was quite good. I especially enjoyed the part with him and Bob Dylan. You could see the mutual respect.  


I will never forget the only occasion that I saw Johnny Cash which was at Glastonbury in 1994. The Bishop of Bath and Wells was watching from the side of the stage. Johnny said that the bishop had shown him around all the sacred places. I wonder if they went up the Tor. I found out last night that Eckhart Tolle lived in Glastonbury for a while and climbed up the Tor every day for 100 days. It is the Superbowl tonight, starting in about 2 hours’ time. I might watch it as I will be still awake. I do not really care who wins though. I might support the Kansas City team as there is a Van Morrison song called The Eternal Kansas City. Anyway, see you tomorrow.




 

2 comments:

Sofia Engelke said...

Pat, A Period of Transition is one of my favorite Van albums of all time. Every song is great. Skipping the game today, not much of a pro football fan. Hope you enjoy your evening. Sofia

Pat said...

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for your comment. I was scratching my head to think of anything to say today. I just watched Manchester City beat Liverpool 4-1 on Match Of The Day. It is really cold here now, but we haven't had snow in this area yet. It is going to be cold all week, so I will have to think of something to do indoors. Hope you are all ok where you are.

All the best,

Pat.

Popular Posts