Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tuesday Meditation.

My Clematis.

It was the warmest March day since 1968 today. You can look at that two ways I suppose. You can worry that it is due to global warming, or just enjoy it while it lasts. I chose the latter and went for a walk up to the White Horse. I took a few photos, but I have shown you similar things before. 
When I got home it was still only 2.00, so I sat in my little yard listening to music. I was in a mood for Ambient minimalist type music, so I listened to Music For Zen Meditation and Erik Satie. There were other sounds to be heard, the fountain in the pond, the chattering of sparrows, the song of the blackbird, even a dog barking in the distance. All these sounds somehow harmonised with the music.

Tree on my walk.

I saw two Red Admiral butterflies, a big bumble bee and what I think was a ladybird. It seemed quite idyllic. My clematis armandii looks magnificent in full bloom. It has grown all along the fence, over my tiny shed and cascading down over the wheelie bin. It will not last long, but looks great for now. 
It is Tuesday evening now. That used to be the evening for bell-ringing practice at nearby All Saints Church. Sitting out at the back of my house, the sound of the bells used to give the illusion of living in a little village, but it hasn’t happened since Covid-19 arrived. To hear the bells again will herald things getting back to normal. The pub will be able to serve drinks outside from April 12th, so that will be welcome.




 

No comments:

Popular Posts