Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.


Tuesday morning: It seems like quite a nice day today. I might make the supreme effort and go for a walk this afternoon. I’ll just tell you what I did yesterday, which isn’t really a lot. I went to Morrison’s to get some provisions. On the way there I had a quick look in the charity shops. I saw a CD for only 50 pence called
Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager by Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. It was the name that attracted me to it. It is the sort of name that makes you curious to find out more. Also, the title seemed to compliment the book I am reading at the moment, The Giro Playboy. I had heard the name before; I think he played on one of the stages at Glastonbury a few years ago. I played it yesterday afternoon, and I’m listening again this morning. It is very nice eclectic music and I like the left-wing sentiments of the album. Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly is a name adopted by singer-songwriter Sam Duckworth born in 1986. This is his first album released in 2006. According to Sam his stage name came from Retro Gamer magazine, from an article about superhero games such as Batman containing the heading "Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. He is only 35 now, so he must have only been about 20 years old when the album was released, quite a precocious talent. Sam was once the victim of a racist attack which has led him to be an active supporter of the Love Music, Hate Racism campaign. He has released six albums since this one. If he returns to Glastonbury next summer I will certainly go and see him. I highly recommend this album. It is the best 50p I have spent in ages. I have shared a video below if you want to hear more.


I went to the pub yesterday evening. I still sit outside even though it is cold. I don’t like going in the bar because of the fear of Covid even though I have had two jabs. I’m getting my booster jab on the 25th. I had two gin & slimline tonics. I have decided to stop drinking cider because I think that is why I have got a fat belly. After that I went home and watched University Challenge, but I only got ten answers right. I can’t remember what I watched after that, so it couldn’t have been very interesting.  
ps, I just remembered, I watched England beat San Marino in the World Cup qualifier 10-0. Poor old San Marino.



No comments:

Popular Posts