Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Up The White Horse.


It was a bright sunny morning and when I looked out of the kitchen window my little garden was covered in frost. I was determined to go out today because I had been in all the previous day and I would get cabin madness unless I went out. I put on lots of layers of clothes and my hat and set off walking as quickly as I could to warm up. By the time I reached the top Of Alfred Street I had forgotten how cold it was and when I had completed the steep bit past the equestrian centre I was actually sweating. When I finally got to the top by the White Horse I felt really pleased that I had made the effort to get outdoors and have some exercise. 

There were quite a lot of people up there, a few dog walkers and people from the hang-gliding, para-gliding and micro-lite fraternity all happily throwing themselves off the edge of the hill and soaring away on the thermals. It was really windy, I had to be careful my hat didn’t get blown away.
I watched for a while and filmed one of the flyers for a couple of minutes which you can see below. I did consider walking down to the village of Bratton and back along the lower Westbury road but decided I didn’t want to, I had enough exercise for one day, so I strolled back the way I came. 

When I got back to town, I had a look in the Air Ambulance Charity Shop and for only 20 pence I found a nice copy of the Robert Crumb Handbook. That took me back a bit to my old hippy days. I’ll go for another walk tomorrow, weather permitting.

No comments:

Popular Posts