Monday, February 08, 2021

At My Age.



Monday: I never left the house today, apart from feeding the birds. It is much too cold. I noticed the clouds were going in the opposite direction today and not lazily drifting by, but urgently beating westward. It has not snowed in my neck of the woods yet though. It might do tomorrow. Wednesday is forecast to be sunny, but cold. That is the day I have penciled in to hopefully go for a walk. I thought I ought to try and achieve something today, so after I did 20 minutes Qigong exercises, I cleaned the kitchen floor. It was mucky from me walking mud in from the garden. If I do a little bit every day, I will soon get this place tidy. I have only got four rooms after all. 
While I was doing that I listened to an album, At My Age by Nick Lowe which is great in an Americana, Country sort of way. I cannot remember playing it before. I think a friend gave it to me and I forgot about it. I have a few Nick Lowe albums; I think Dig My Mood is my favourite. Nick is great live; I have seen him several times at Glastonbury where he is a regular on the Acoustic Stage. After that I was listening to a compilation of Irish themed music CD that a friend Birgit from Berlin made for me one St Patrick’s Day. It included Bob Dylan singing One Irish Rover by Van Morrison.


It will be time for the BBC News shortly. Monday night is my favourite TV night with University Challenge, Mastermind and Only Connect. By the way, I only watched a few minutes of the Superbowl last night. I got bored because they have about two minutes of action and then the pundits talk about it for a few minutes before it starts again. I watched some Eckhart Tolle videos on Youtube instead. I cannot think of anything else. See you tomorrow.



 

No comments:

Popular Posts