Monday, August 09, 2021

The Full Monty.


Monday afternoon and it is another dark and rainy day. I won’t be venturing out anywhere. Not to worry, the forecast is quite good for the rest of the week and there is plenty to do indoors. I have decided to restart my second-hand book dealing now that we are getting back to something approaching normal. I closed down my little eBay book shop at the beginning of lockdown because I didn’t like going in the post office, also, the outlets where I used to find my books were all closed. I am going to put one book a day on eBay in the auctions and see how I get on. I don’t think there is any need to re-open my shop. I could do with getting a few books shifted because I have heaps of them all over the place. The book I put on eBay today is called
Growing Out Of Trouble by the popular gardening guru Monty Don. It is a signed copy, so hopefully it will sell.


Another thing I am going to try and get back into is getting some exercise. I haven’t been out on my bike or gone for a long walk for ages. A year ago, I was getting out and about all over the surrounding countryside on my bike, or going for walks. I just lost interest and I don’t know why. I won’t be going out in this rain, but that is no excuse for not getting some exercise. When I have posted this blather and done the heap of washing up that is in the kitchen sink, I am going to do some indoor Tai Chi. That is something else I used to enjoy, but lost interest in. Anyway, onward, and upward! Carpe Diem as they say. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Popular Posts