Friday, October 04, 2024

Sober October Diary: Golden Autumn Day..


It was another very pleasant sunshiny day. I had to go for my covid booster and annual flu jab. I could have gone to a pharmacy in the nearby High Street, but I had opted to have my jabs at the Health Centre on the outskirts of town because the walk there and back is about three miles, and I thought the exercise would do me good. I enjoyed the walk and was struck by how nice the trees look at this time of the year. As I strolled through a small park on the way I took a photo of one tree I particularly liked. (See photo) When I arrived at the surgery I found there was a long queue of senior citizens also there to get jabbed. I don’t really like being in queues of pensioners because it reminds me that I am also old. I told myself that I should be grateful to have lived this long because lots of people don’t get that privilege. It took about half an hour before we shuffled through the door and were seen. I didn’t do a lot this afternoon except take another walk uptown to get some provisions. It was nice to get out while the weather is still good. The forecast says we have one more day of sun before the weather changes, so I’ll try and do something outdoors again tomorrow. Cheers.



No comments:

Popular Posts