Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Sober October Diary.

Raves From The Grave.
It is that time of the year again. No pubs for me for a month. I’m determined to try and achieve something every day and get some exercise at the same time. Yesterday afternoon I spent four busy hours in my little garden. I was cutting back a tree from my neighbours that was overhanging the end of the garden. I could hardly see the fence. I should have taken ‘before and after’ photos to show you, but I didn’t think of that. Rain stopped play in the end, but I was pleased with the progress I had made. My garden is about a yard longer now. When we get a few days of sunshine and the fence is nice and dry, I’ll give it a coat of stain to try and preserve it before it falls apart. The News on the BBC last night was pretty awful. It was too depressing to watch. I listened to Talksport on the radio instead because my team were playing last night, but sadly we lost 3-0, never mind.

Today, I went over with a friend to the nearby pretty little town of Frome. Amazingly in this day and age in a small town they still have an excellent record store called Raves From The Grave. I had a browse in there and bought new CDs by Van Morrison and Nick Lowe. Then we had a coffee in the cafĂ© at The Cheese and Grain and had a pleasant walk along the river before returning home. I listened to the Van CD earlier, hmmn. I’ll tell you what I think of the new albums in due course when I’ve played them a few times. I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow. I might go for a walk if it's sunny. Cheers.

No comments:

Popular Posts