Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Dazzling Stranger by Colin Harper

I was up early by my standards today. That was because I had a dental appointment at 10.30. I was only there for five minutes as it was a check-up, but it still cost me £23. Then I went to the photo booth in the supermarket to get a new photo for my Glastonbury Festival workers renewal form. It is only 168 days to Glasto now. As it was a sunny day I did a bit of pottering about and sweeping up outside my house.



The rest of the day I have been chilling out and reading a book I got recently. It is called Dazzling Stranger, Bert Jansch And The British Folk And Blues Revival. It is really interesting and covers just about everyone on the folk scene in Britain in the early 60’s. I find the parts dealing with Bert’s relationship with Anne Briggs particularly interesting. There are some fabulous photos in the book as well, even of Bob Dylan’s visit to Britain in 1962 (See photos). I’m listening to BBC 6 Music at the moment and have just been reminded that it is David Bowie’s birthday today. He was born on January 8th 1947.

No comments:

Popular Posts