Saturday, January 12, 2019

Unlikely Pilgrimage


I was up early today because a friend came around at 9.00 to mend my front door. It only took about half an hour so that was a good start to the day. I didn’t know what to do then so I went for a little walk. In the Lions charity bookshop I found a few books, a book signed by the late Willie Rushton, a book signed by cricketer Tony Lewis and a really nice book published by the British School Of Rome about the archaeology of Sardinia which is in mint condition. I’ll put those three in my shop tomorrow. I also found a hardback novel by Rachel Joyce called The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry. I was pleased to find that one because last year I read another book by her called The Music Shop which was very enjoyable. I have been reading it today and have reached page 80. It has me gripped to find out what happens next and is giving me ideas about doing more walking so that I have something to write about. I might go for a walk tomorrow if it’s not raining.



No comments:

Popular Posts