Thursday, May 16, 2019

Bein' Green.


Pet Sounds.
This blog page is called Quiet Days and it has certainly been quiet here again today. I spent most of the day outside again. I didn’t want to hear any words today so it was quite a jazz day. I listened to Miles Davis & John Coltrane. It was a concert recorded in Stockholm in 1960. I got so lost in the music that I actually fell asleep. There is nothing wrong with that. I have got to be careful though because I can feel that the last couple of days I have got sunburned on the top of my head where I've got a bald spot.. I also listened to an album by Keith Jarrett called Mysteries / Shades. It was a Spanish friend of mine who first told me about Keith Jarrett. I enjoyed listening to it. When you really get into music it is like meditation. I'm getting quite jazzy in my old age. I’m sure the congregation of birds in the nearby trees enjoyed it as well because they were singing along.
For lunch I had this salad dish that I bought in Tesco’s last night. It tasted ok but I’m determined that I won’t buy anything similar ever again. It was ridiculously expensive for what it was, and I bet most of the cost was in the packaging. It was in a plastic container and even had a plastic fork to go with it. It is just more plastic pollution. I feel quite ashamed of myself for buying it. Never again.
When I looked on Facebook, I discovered that Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys was released on this day 53 years ago. As it is possibly my favourite album of all time, I had to listen to it again today. I must say it sounds just as fresh and wonderful now as it did in 1966. I’m sure it is one of the pieces of music from the 20th century that people will still listen to in hundreds of years’ time.
Caroline Lucas, Green Party.

I watched the News at 6.00 and they were talking about the up-coming European elections. I have voted for the Labour Party ever since I was first allowed to vote.I could never imagine voting differently but I am tempted to vote for The Green Party in this election as a protest vote. I am a Remainer and want to stay in Europe. The Labour Party doesn't seem to have a clear policy on this issue, but the Greens are completely pro-Europe. Also, Brexit isn’t the biggest issue facing us. We are on the verge of catastrophe from climate change. The Greens have been warning us about the danger for decades, so I think I might vote for them on this occasion. I think I would like our next government to be a coalition of Labour & Greens.
It is going to rain tomorrow which means I won’t be sitting in the yard all day. I’ll have to think of something else to do. I don’t know what that will be, but it’s bound to be interesting. Watch this space.



No comments:

Popular Posts