Sunday, May 12, 2019

I Set Out One May Morning.


It has been a very nice sunny, warm Sunday. When I got up this morning, I found I had won £30 for getting three numbers on the lottery. It’s not much but it all helps to ward off the evil day. Also, I sold my Roger Moore signed book, I’ll post that in the morning. Brilliant, I was £60 up on the day and only just got out of bed! After breakfast I decided to go for a long walk to start my Get Fit For Glastonbury campaign. I put my camera in my pocket and a Picnic Bar in case I reached the energy gap. One of the nice things about Westbury is that you only have to walk for a few minutes, and you are in the countryside.

My original intention was to walk up to the White Horse but when I reached the top of Alfred Street, I was already getting hot and the walk looked a bit steep, so I changed my mind and decided to walk along the Lower Westbury Road to Bratton. I was going to have a pint in the Duke pub and walk back. When I reached the golf course, I changed my mind again because I thought I could have a pint in the club house before continuing. I walked around the edge of the course and reached the club house bar and ordered a pint of cider. It tasted great, really refreshing and I ate my Picnic as well. 

I sat outside, enjoying the sunshine and the nice view. I was tempted to have another one but was sensible and had a slow walk home via the lakeside. I stopped to say hello to some horses and cows on the way. Eventually I reached Lidl and they had a nice display of plants for sale, so I treated myself to a Hosta for £3.99.
I had a nice snooze when I got home. Then I went to The Crown for one drink. I came home and planted my Hosta and watered my garden and communed with my fishes. What a nice Sunday it had been.





No comments:

Popular Posts