Friday, May 17, 2019

Gentleman's Relish.


Just a short little blog today because I’m going to the pub in a little while. I hadn’t been out since Tuesday, but I had to venture out today to get some provisions because I had run out of nearly everything. I couldn’t walk past the High Street without looking in the charity shops. I found a first edition by Buce Chatwin called The Viceroy Of Ouidah. It was published in 1980 and in a very nice condition so I should make a nice profit on that. I might even read it as well. I also found a book by Ronnie Barker called Gentleman’s Relish. I shouldn’t have bought it really because it’s quite smutty, full of saucy postcards from the 1920’s. It was published in 1979 and I think attitudes have changed a bit since then. I thought it might be quite rare and collectible but when I looked on eBay there are lots of copies of it for sale. Thirdly, found a signed autobiography of horse race trainer Paul Nicholls which should fetch a few quid. Finally, I found a 2cd set by The Everly Brothers recorded at the Royal Albert Hall in 1983. I am listening to it now and it's great. I think it is the first album of their's that I have ever bought. It has taken me a lifetime to realise how great the Everly Brothers are.

After I got my groceries in Morrison’s I walked home past Andrea’s flower shop and bought a coreopsis plant. I wasn’t going to buy any more plants, but there is always room for just one more. Anyway, that’s my blog for today. Sorry it is so short, but tomorrows should be a good one. I’m going to write a story about what I did exactly 45 years ago to the day. I’ll start writing that tonight.




No comments:

Popular Posts