Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Necklace Of Wrens

The Gloaming.

The weather has been wonderful the last few days. I have spent most of the time sitting in the yard, soaking up the sun listening to music and reading. My soundtrack yesterday was Judy Collins, Bob Dylan Highway 61, Handel’s Water Music and The Gloaming. In case you haven’t heard of The Gloaming they are an Irish Folk group. This album was released in 2014 to critical acclaim. Although the music is hundreds of years old, they make it sound very modern. I find it very spiritual, refined and sophisticated music. I highly recommend you listen to it. One of the tracks is called The Necklace Of Wrens. I liked that title so much I think I’ll call this blog by that name.
Not sure of the name but I like it.

A friend of mine called yesterday evening, so I opened a bottle of wine. Then we went for a drink. It was a nice evening and I think I had four pints of cider. When I got home, I polished off the last of the wine. Consequently, I didn’t get up today till 11.00. I spent the afternoon outside again. Today I listened to Norma Waterson. It is an album from 1996 and has some great songs on it such as Black Muddy River and St Swithin’s Day. I also listened to L’Atlantic by Moussa Kouyate. He is a Kora player from Senegal. I bought the cd from him when I saw him busking in Bath quite a few years ago. I bumped into him again a couple of years ago in Bristol, looking a bit older but still busking. The Kora is a beautiful sounding instrument. The other cd I played this afternoon was It’s Too Late To Stop Now, Vol 1V by Van Morrison. It is 78 minutes of brilliance.

I planted a few dahlias as well. I think I have enough plants now for this year. I don’t think I have room for anymore. I have just got to sit back and watch it all grow now. Anyway, I finally came inside at about 7.30 after doing a bit of watering. I think tomorrow is also forecast to be nice, so better make the most of tomorrow as well. See you later.





No comments:

Popular Posts