Sunday, January 12, 2020

Groovin' On A Sunday Afternoon.


It is Sunday afternoon in the universe, the sun is shining, and all is well. In the background Miles Davis and John Coltrane are playing. The album is Live In Stockholm 1960. I bought it in a charity shop a few years ago. Before that I was listening to Keith Jarrett, Mysteries/Shades. It was a Spanish friend of mine who told me how great Keith Jarrett was and I think the penny has finally dropped. I was in the mood for some cool jazz instrumental music. One can listen to it without thinking about it, you don’t have to concentrate on words. You can experience it creating your mood unconsciously. When I was younger I didn’t listen to much jazz, but I find I am getting jazzier as I get older. I might put on Terry Riley next for a bit of January Sunday minimalism. I actually sold a couple of books this weekend. My signed  Buster Merryfield was snapped up and I sold a memoir by Cyndi Lauper, so I have been pottering around, preparing them for the post office tomorrow. I’ll replace them in my shop later on.

I think we are in for some stormy weather tomorrow. Storm Brendan is heading our way apparently, so I don’t think I will be going far this week. I’m off to the kitchen now. I’m going to make a vegetable stew that will last me about three days hopefully. See you later.

No comments:

Popular Posts