Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Cake & The Rain.


Good morning world, it is Saturday! I’m listening to the Carolina Chocolate Drops. I had a nice day yesterday. I caught the bus over to Warminster at 11.00 and looked in all the charity shops for second-hand books for my shop. It was slim pickings I’m afraid. I am getting very choosy about what I buy these days. The very last shop of all was Dr Barnardo’s and I found a nice hardback copy of The Cake & The Rain which is a memoir by the songwriter Jimmy Webb. I might get a few quid for that hopefully. Then I met S when she got off her bus. We went to Lidl and I carried her shopping to Wetherspoons, or as we call it, Spoons. I ordered a bottle of chardonnay and we retired to a corner where I asked her to take my photo for publicity purposes (See photo). We whiled away an enjoyable hour or so, drinking and chatting. It was the first time I had been out for a few days. Eventually it was time to catch the bus home again.

When I got home, I found the postman had left a card saying there was a parcel waiting for me at number 17. I was delighted to find that it is a nice hardback book published in 1995 in the USA, Krishnamurti 100 Years by Evelyne Blau. It was published to celebrate the 100th anniversary of K’s birth in 1895. I immediately looked in the index, as you do, and found there was a whole page devoted to Van Morrison who as you know was influenced by K. I’m going to enjoy reading this book before I sell it on.
Anyway, the weather forecast for the weekend is quite good. I might go out for a long walk tomorrow. If I do, I’ll tell you all about it. Enjoy the weekend.



No comments:

Popular Posts