Saturday, January 09, 2021

Dystopia.


I won’t be going for a walk today. It is too cold and dull. The forecast for tomorrow is better, it should be sunny and up to 5 degrees Celsius. I was up late again last night, I watched War Of The Worlds starring Tom Cruise. I don’t really like him with all that Scientology stuff, but the film was quite entertaining. With the world in the grip of a pandemic and the foundations of western society being attacked in Washington, it seems strange to have an apocalyptic dystopian disaster movie on the telly. After that, for a bit of light relief I watched Stevie Nicks in concert on Sky Arts. I’m not a big fan, but I enjoyed it. I think it was about 3.00 in the morning when I went off to bed. I had a brisk walk to Tesco earlier to get some soya milk and a couple of other items. This new variant of the virus is so contagious I am wary of even going in shops, so I didn’t hang about in there. There was something like 1,350 deaths from Covid in Britain yesterday. It really is shocking. The NHS is becoming overwhelmed.

On a lighter note, I am still doing my Tai Chi. If you don’t know what it is, I have shared the video of the first lesson below. Anybody can do it in their own living room. It is very gentle exercise and even though I am only a beginner I can feel the benefits already. I cannot think of anything else to say today. If I do finally get out for a walk tomorrow I will take my camera and show you some pics.

 

No comments:

Popular Posts