Monday, January 04, 2021

You'll Never Walk Alone.


Gerry Marsden.

Monday morning arrives cold and damp. I sit in the kitchen watching the birds coming and going at the bird table. A gang of noisy sparrows, blackbirds, big fat wood pigeons and collared doves. I used to have a robin greet me every morning, but I haven’t seen him for ages. The poor little blighter must have perished. Now that my blue garden wall is exposed with lack of flowers growing, it is looking quite shabby with patches of brown and green. I toy with the idea of painting the patches with white masonry paint to give the illusion of clouds against a blue sky. Sunflowers might look great against that background. Hmm, maybe,  If I don’t like it, I can always paint the whole wall white. We shall see.


I see on the news that Trump is getting madder by the day. He has been phoning people up, trying to get election results changed. It is quite scary, wondering what further craziness he might get up to before he goes. The Covid news here is grim, the situation seems to be getting worse. I will be glad when we get through to Spring and hopefully things are better. Also, I heard the sad news that Gerry Marsden has died aged 78. I was never a fan, but he was part of a happy era of our childhood. After I did Day 3 of my Tai Chi yesterday, I went for a bit of a walk to get some fresh air. I only got as far as Lidl, but I met a couple of friends and stopped for a little chat. Before the pandemic I might have just said hi and kept walking, but these days you appreciate some human contact, even if for only a couple of minutes. Last night on Facebook a friend recommended a book called Where The Crawdads Sing. I ordered a copy. I will let you know what I think of it when I have read it. Anyway, that is enough blather for today. See you later.

No comments:

Popular Posts