Thursday, January 07, 2021

Peckish.

Peckish Sparrows.

Brrrr…, It is freezing today. I noticed when I brought in the wheelie bin that the birds drinking bowl was frozen over, so I put some hot water in it to melt the ice. One good piece of news, you know I said a couple of days ago that I had not seen my robin for ages, well, I spotted a robin fleetingly earlier, which is encouraging. I tried to photograph him, but only got a couple of sparrows. I bought the birds some new bird food yesterday called
Peckish Complete Seed & Nut Mix which they seem to like.

I was watching the BBC News channel all last night. I could not believe the scenes from Washington. There is enough footage available to identify the culprits, so I hope they are all arrested. The instigator of it all is Trump. He should also be arrested and charged for his treacherous behaviour. His legacy will be to be remembered as the worst President in American history. I should not bang on about America, we have enough dodgy politicians here in our own country. 

Hyacinths Growing!

The Covid situation here is the worst since it began, over 1,000 deaths in Britain yesterday for the first time. On a brighter note, I saw in our local free paper the White Horse News that they are rolling out the vaccine in Westbury now. The over 80’s are getting it first. I do not expect to hear anything for a couple of months yet, but at least there is hope on the horizon. I wonder if
Glastonbury will happen this year? It looks doubtful, but you never know.


I just did my Tai Chi which I am really enjoying. What shall I do for the rest of the day? Hmm, there is plenty of housework to do if I can be bothered. I might tidy up a bit. At the moment I am listening to Marquee Moon by Television. I chose it at random. A really nice album. There are connections with Patti Smith who is one of my favourites. I see the sleeve photo is by Robert Mapplethorpe who Patti used to live with. That will do for today, see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Popular Posts