Friday, January 08, 2021

Golems & Heroes.


I was in bed today until about 11.30. I think that is because I stayed up late last night. I watched a film called The Limehouse Golem starring Bill Nighy. It is a kind of Jack The Ripper type film. Some of the scenes were quite gruesome, but I enjoyed it and the plot has a good twist at the end. I always enjoy Bill Nighy films, he is a great actor and I like him even more since I discovered he is a big Van Morrison fan when I was seated next to him at Nell’s Club in London a few years ago. After that, I realised that it is David Bowie’s birthday today. He was born on January 8th, 1947, so he would have been 74 today. I stayed up and watched his performance at Glastonbury in 2000. I cannot believe it is already 21 years since we saw him on that magical night. Time seems to accelerate as you get older. I have shared a great little film below of Bowie singing Heroes at Glastonbury.. It contains footage from 1970 and 2,000. I'll dedicate it to the health workers because they are heroes. Apart from phone calls I hadn’t spoken to anybody for a few days, until I said, “Thank you” to the postman yesterday when he delivered a book I had ordered called Where The Crawdads Sing. You might have heard of it because it was top of the bestseller lists. I have read one chapter so far. I’ll let you know what I think when I have finished it. I think I am going to enjoy it. Apart from that, the day has drifted by and it ain't dark yet, but it's getting that way. I think I have been cooped up for long enough. If the sun is shining, I may go out tomorrow, if I can borrow, A coat to wear as Randy Newman once said.



 

2 comments:

SuzG said...

I've read Crawdads, and look forward to reading what you think of it!

Pat said...

Cheers SuzG

I have read about 45 pages now. They have just found Chase Andrews dead and Kya had a day at school.
I'll read a bit more later.

Pat.

Popular Posts