Tuesday, January 05, 2021

So Wired Up.

Scruffy Shed.

Tuesday morning and the news is that we are back in total lockdown. It does not make much difference to me because I was pretty well locked down anyway. Only essential shops are open, and we can go out for exercise. Although it is cold today it isn’t raining. I decided to venture out into my garden and do a bit of tidying up. I gave the clematis a bit of a trim because it was growing all over my shed door. There are lots of buds on it. I think it will be in bloom in about four weeks’ time. I also cut back my bay tree, so that it doesn’t get too big. I put lots of dead nasturtiums and other stuff in the green bin as well. I think I was out there about an hour and soon warmed up once I got busy. I felt quite pleased with myself for making the effort. 
Luckily, Davies the hardware store is regarded as essential, so I went round there and bought a big tub of white masonry paint for my wall project. In the instructions it says that it should be used in a temperature of at least eight degrees Celsius. It is only just above freezing at the moment, but next week it is supposed to warm up a bit, so that will be next week’s project.

Tidy Shed!

I just did module 5 of my Tai Chi, I am really enjoying it and feel a lot more energetic. That might also be due to not drinking as well. At the moment I am listening to Jackie Wilson Says by Van Morrison ‘I’m so wired up, don’t need no coffee in my cup’. I can’t think of anything else to say now, so I’ll leave you with a word of warning. If you think that 2021 is certain to be better than 2020 just remember the words of Samuel Pepys. During the Great Plague of 1665 he wrote in his diary, “This year has been shitte, I’ll be glad when it is 1666 and I can go and buy a nice pie from Mrs Farriner’s Pie Shoppe in Pudding Lane”. The Great Fire Of London started in 1666 in Farriner’s Pie Shoppe! (He didn’t really say that, I just said it for a laugh)

See what I mean about the shabby wall. I'll sort it out next week.


No comments:

Popular Posts