Sunday, January 03, 2021

Wilson.


Sunday morning. I was up early today by my standards, at about 9.30. I think that might be because of not drinking. It was dull and rainy but seems to be brightening up a bit now. I was listening to Keith Jarrett while doing the washing up, but turned it off, preferring to listen to the sparrows chattering outside. I hung up my 2021 calendar in the kitchen which I had forgotten to do. It is a British Birds calendar; January is the Blue Tit (Cyanistes Caeruleus) I used to get them nesting in my garden a few years ago. It would be good if they came back again. Last night I watched a film called Cast Away starring Tom Hanks. I really enjoyed it, but I am not sure it is a film I should be watching during a lock-down when I have not seen another soul for days. It is about a man who gets marooned on a desert island. He gets madder and madder with loneliness and starts talking to a football which he calls Wilson. It makes me think I should go for a walk and say hello to everyone I meet. I might do that later.


I have taken up Tai Chi. Last year I started doing indoor yoga, but that only lasted nine days. I thought Tai Chi might suit me better. I found it on YouTube. If you go on YouTube and search for Tai Chi Five Minutes A Day, Module 1 you will find it if you want to join in. While I was tidying the living room just now, I found a copy of the Western People which Katherine my niece in Ireland had sent me a few weeks ago. It had an article about my brother Paul in it. I cut it out and scanned it. Hopefully if you click on it you will be able to read it. Anyway, that will do for today. Have a nice Sunday.



 

No comments:

Popular Posts